Let’s face the reality…we are in a world where technology is advancing day after day. Generally, the computer world and the internet of things are among the fields that are evolving drastically. Although evolution in technology is something that we should embrace, it is experiencing many challenges – cybercriminals. As technology advances, so do the cyber-criminals come up with new ways of accessing computerized devices such as PCs, mobile phones, battle stations, and other devices connected to the internet. Cybersecurity is becoming more and more expensive to implement while on the other hand, cybercrimes are growing year after year. However, some great brains have come up with antivirus software, which helps in protecting your devices from cybercriminals.
Moreover, the antivirus help in protecting other types of attacks such as malware, ransomware, computer viruses, etc. The antivirus, whether paid or free, is essential in offering your gadgets full protection and promising you a cyber-crime open world. You may be familiar with some terms such as Avast, Bitdefender, Norton – but the question remains, are they the best antivirus in the market? Well, luckily, I have done in-depth research and reviewed the latest antivirus packages – from the most significant cybersecurity companies- and – both free and premium antivirus.
Well, let’s view some of the best antivirus software in 2020:
It’s among the best antivirus software in the market. Bitdefender is offering a variety of security suites to choose from. Some include Bitdefender antivirus plus, Bitdefender total security, and Bitdefender internet security. The security suites help you stay anonymous while browsing the web, secure your wifi hotspots, and get unlimited encrypted traffic.
- Multi-layer ransomware protection – notifies you whenever an attack happens and prevents you from losing files or money.
- Zero system slowdowns – the antivirus provides an instant reaction to stop malware from attacking your gadgets and don’t slow the performance of your device.
- Webcam protection – you are fully protected from cyber-criminals who use webcams to view your private life — no intrusions into your privacy.
- Automatic upgrades – the upgrades ensure the antivirus is up to date and offers the best protection from any cyber-attacks.
- Many devices – the antivirus can be used either in windows, Android (Android phones), mac (MacBook), iOS (iPhones).
Norton antivirus offers a variety of products and services to suit your needs. With Norton antivirus, you can choose either from Norton 360 standard, Norton 360 deluxe, Norton 360m with LifeLock select, and also Norton 360 with an ultimate plus. Don't be scared by the names; they are just terms to refer to the products.
- Variety of functions – anti-spyware, ransomware, and antivirus protection, online threat protection, smart firewall, password management, and secure VPN.
- Privacy protection – Norton privacy manager, is created to help you manage and take control of your personal information and credentials used to access accounts, websites, and other services online.
- Many devices - you can use Norton products on several mechanisms, including PC, smartphones, tablets, and Mac.
- Affordable – on using the antivirus, you will save up to 60% for the first year with annual billing.
Avast Internet security
As the name suggests, the software offers internet security – protects your battlestation setup when you are browsing the web. You are capable of choosing three protections – expert, advanced, and complete protection.
- Avast antivirus package comprises of:
- Intelligent antivirus – detects and blocks malware, viruses, phishing, spyware, and ransomware.
- Behavior shield - this feature enables the software to detect suspicious behavior patterns against unknown threats.
- Wifi inspector – you will be able to inspect your home wifi for any weaknesses.
- Anti-spam – offers promising protection against spam and other malicious content so that you can focus on the content that matters.
- Smart scan – this feature will enable you to find all those "holes" from which malware gets into your gadget, detect unsafe settings, and outdated software.
Bullguard is an antivirus with more than 18 years of innovating leadership in the industry. Bullguard offers three products – antivirus, internet security, and premium protection. The three products both offer best protection, game boosting for game lovers ensuring your battle station has the current security features, and advanced machine learning. Bullguard is available for android devices, windows, and macOS. Moreover, the antivirus offers free automatic updates and 24/7 live chat support.
- Secure browsing – BullGuard has an in-built secure browser which enables you to browse the web and protect you from malware, spyware, and ransomware. Also, the secure browser offers a more secure platform for conducting your online payments, thus safeguard your credentials and private information.
- Advanced machine learning – this offers specialized functions and methods of delivering faster detection and blocking against new, superior, and unknown threats.
- Comprehensive identity protection – this function helps you to keep your relevant personal information and data from cyber-criminals and thieves. The information may include email addresses, credit card numbers, phone numbers, etc.
- Next-generation anti-malware – this feature gives you gadget triple layer protection. It enables your device to recognize trusted sites and applications, thus offering maximum protection from threats and cyber-attacks.
- Game booster – this feature suite the game lovers. It allows you to play games in a completely secure mode.
Kaspersky is a remarkable antivirus that I have been privileged to use. It offers essential virus protection for your PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone. It is capable of blocking malware and viruses in real-time, and also stops hackers and cyber-criminals from taking over your PC remotely. Kaspersky offers three products – antivirus, internet security, and total security.
- Better performance – Kaspersky protects your device from threats without slowing down your device.
- Simplicity – the antivirus is easy to set up and use.
- Robust security – Kaspersky is capable of defending your devices against malware, ransomware, viruses, and other threats.
- Privacy protection – Kaspersky stops webcam hijacks and enables secure browsing on your mac and pc.
- Password and file protection – the antivirus software manages and securely stores your passwords. It also protects your files by backing them up – this feature is for PC.
- The above list comprises of antivirus software I have researched. There is another antivirus which may suit your purposes but may a little taste on the above will help.